The goal of the AFM2018 conference is to highlight research within the area of Advanced Functional Materials, to establish new projects and collaborations, and to discuss challenges and opportunities within materials sciences, in the Nordic countries and internationally.
Materials science of novel ceramics, metals, polymers, organic compounds, nanotechnology, advanced surfaces. Examples:
- novel high-performance soft, hard, and hybrid smart materials
- photovoltaic energy conversion with polymeric solar cells
- reduced friction in engines
- efficient light sources
- new materials for scalable electrical energy storage in a low-carbon economy is addressed by utilization of renewable biopolymers
- Modeling and data-driven design of advanced materials
With a support from a Strategic Area Grant provided by the Swedish Government, Linkoping University has established an International Interdisciplinary Laboratory for Advanced Functional Materials (AFM).
AFM encompasses 240 researchers organized into interactive collaborating teams. We envision that science focused on the atomic/molecular-scale design of new materials will provide solutions to broadly-based societal issues, including jobs, health, energy, environment, and sustainability.
More information on the Strategic Research Area “Advanced Functional Materials”, including staff active within, please visit our AFM homepage at Linköping University.
The venue for AFM2018 is Vildmarkshotellet, Kolmården, Norrköping, Sweden.